Victory should give extra coins for life remaining so as to discourage leaving the boss at 1 hp to go run around grabbing coins, probably.
A poker-based puzzle crawler.
Battle an interdimensional beast with poker hands.
Made in 72 hours for Ludum Dare 41.
Rules & Controls
- Click on tiles adjacent to you to move there – diagonally as well!
- Pick up cards by moving on them
- Build 5-card poker hands then attack the beast
- The higher the poker hand the more damage you do
- The beast attacks you every 3 turns
- Moving through portals gets you a fresh deal of cards
Post-jam release changelog
- Fixed a poker hand evaluation bug
- Added HTML version
- Fixed game breaking bug: clicking on the title screen multiple times makes game unlosable
- UX fixes:
- Attack arrow shouldn’t stay after losing cards in a portal
- Short pause before win/loss screen fade so it’s possible to parse what happened
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hello! I loved your game, it was super fun to play despite me not actually winning (though I did come very close!) and the art style was awesome as well as just having such a neat concept! I made a let's play of your game here~